Friday, August 8, 2003

More Shopping Whoo!
Went downtown today to get my glasses fixed cuz my cousin sat on them and didn't even realize it. Partly my fault since i was the one who left them on the chair but then again, it's my room so I'll leave my glasses whereever i DARN WELL FEEL LIKE! eh, anyways, fix glasses and then, decided that I will get a pair of sunglasses when i wear contacts....but it hasnt happened yet.

Anyways, shopping is shopping so this isnt what the blog is about. The thing is, Ya i know everything can be faked in the market now-a-days...but man, i was amazed at how closely they make designer sunglasses now. Cuz after I went to my glasses "store" (for lack of a better word...hmm. boutique?), where they sell real designer glasses, I then went to Eaton Centre and stopped at those carts to look at sunglasses. They mimick the styles so well...Chanel, Armani, etc. Of course, they dont feel as nice when you wear them...indeed i thought they felt rather lopsided. but well, theyre only 15 bux (25 for two) each so what can you expect? The funny thing is, they havnt been able to copy Oakley. There were attemps but they dont look as convincing as the other designers. Honestly, Whats the point of getting real designer glasses when it looks JUST LIKE the pair you can get for 15 bux?? Actually, I'd think youd be pretty insane to pay $200+ when the knock-offs look that good...a different story if youre after the comfort cuz then there's no comparison. Oh, and durability. Stupidness...I bought a pair for 20 bux last yr...I forget what i did, i think i smacked into er..something and the lense chipped off. Not to mention the fact that the screws would come loose every once in awhile so they had to constantly be tightened or else..the lenses fell off. so after that lesson, forget it..i might as well invest in a real pair cuz if they keep breaking..in the end, it's the same price.

Random stupidness

No comments: