Monday, July 21, 2003

Spending money is fun (and fast)

When all hope was lost that I shall ever find a pair of sandals this season, I FOUND SANDALS. WHOOHOO!!! this is me very happy.

Let me regale you with the 'TALE OF THE ELUSIVE SANDALS'
So halfway through the summer, I finally realized that what i needed most was a pair of heeled sandals...and off i went on my quest. Finally having tracked down a decent, somewhat different looking, pair I was told that they were all out of sizes, my colour, and while every other pair was on sale-mine was not.
OK fine, check the other stores i asked them....no, none of the other FOUR Aldo stores had anything either! I pretty much drove across the city trying to find either: my style, size, and colour. Scarb Town Cntr, Fairview, Markville and Yorkdale (I had them call)

What are the chances of that happening???? (ya nvrmind that the store was doing a huge sale...whatever~)
I gave up

Eh, so i walked into Le Chateau thinking that MAYBE i'll find something there (almost a last resort). and indeed i did!! not too shabby looking but the style that every other girl would wear...ah who cares, it was 20 bux. they had my size, colour. So i asked the sales person to get the other shoe (left side) for me....and SHE CANT FIND THE OTHER SHOE

WTF???
I had the right shoe, no left shoe and everything else left was either HALF A SIZE to big or small. It's a sign, i was not meant to have sandals this seaon

....until today. Had to go up to the ACTION office to pick up stuff....went to a small plaza and FOUND MY SHOES.
stupidness
damn the big city and it's hoards of shoe-buying nuts

But, have scandals now and am VERY HAPPY. Yea me! (hmm..very Bridget Jones sounding)

No comments: